The Department of Chemical Engineering at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) is growing, and therefore is inviting applications for a faculty position at either the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor. The preference is for applicants with chemical engineering background. Applicants are expected to demonstrate evidence of outstanding potential for research and excellence in teaching skills. The successful candidate is expected to teach the chemical engineering curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and be expected to lead independent research. Applicants require fluency in English – being the medium of teaching at KFUPM.
Please visit the following link for announcements about available positions.
Or feel free to contact me at: email@example.com for more detailed information.
Why Join KFUPM…
Following benefits are available to faculty members:
- A competitive, tax-free salary, including a local transportation allowance.
- Paid annual vacation for 60 days, in addition to official holidays.
- Free furnished, air-conditioned on-campus housing with utilities and maintenance.
- Free medical care and dental services at the KFUPM Medical Center.
- A maximum of four air tickets, if needed, for yourself, your wife and two dependent children below the age of 18.
- The CHE department is ranked by QS in 2018 in the top 51-100 worldwide.
- Well-established network of international collaborations with industry and well-known international Academic Institutions.
- Research Start-Up Grant according to KFUPM policy.
- KFUPM supports the attendance of three conferences per year.
- Tuition fees for dependent children of school-age.
- The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including a medical and dental clinic, health club with swimming pool, an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation centre and a private beach.
Graduate Student Positions
We are keen to hear from students like you who intend to start a
Masters or Ph-D with us.
Our dissertation projects are fascinating and practical – designed by the PI with maximum impact in mind. You can be guaranteed to have your work recognised in top-tier international scientific journals.
In exchange, we kindly expect applicants to be fully prepared for practical experimental work, with a critical mind, as well as showing initiative and drive.
“Your Full Time project is rewarded with at least one paper
published with First Authorship recognition”
Our project work spans two areas: (i) synthesis, and (ii) applications of nanomaterials.
Can you rise to the challenge?
- Synthesis: Maximizing growth rate of CNT films via tuning gas-phase reactions in thermal CVD
Projects under consideration
- Synthesis: Effect of catalyst parameters on growth kinetics of CNT films
(vacancies for 2 MS students)
- Applications: Exploiting CNTs towards massively improved desalination performance
(vacancies for 2 MS students)
KFUPM at a glance
- 1300+ Patents issued (4th worldwide ranking for universities)
- 51 Graduate programs / 32 Undergraduate programs
- 33 academic departments
- 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Top 2% high school graduates in KSA accepted
- Ranking of Chem. Eng. Dept. similar to e.g., Texas A&M
- Growth – new President with industry experience from 2020
- Zero tuition fees, free textbooks
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses
- Subsidized meals in the University cafeteria
- Essential medical care
- Free furnished air-conditioned bachelor housing
Partnership with International institutions
University of Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Technical University of Munich, KAUST, Saudi Aramco, and SABIC